Tuesday 4 August 2009

REDEYE magazine out now!

There's a new issue of REDEYE out now to download as a PDF - essential reading for anyone interested in the British comic scene, now that Comics International is no longer a regular in the shops. It only costs a quid and can be found here

http://www.enginecomics.co.uk/redeye/reframeset.htm

I only mention it because there's a review of the latest PARAGON in there, saying

"...Prestwoods' art is the strongest in the magazine...

... Candlish's art on Undertow seems to be channelling Rian Hughes...

Battle Ganesh could be the next Bulldog... "

Well, I'd be pleased if it was - Bulldog kept Jason Cobley busy for nigh on twenty years in comics, and he's has since found work with DFC (now sadly defunct) and Classic Comics - so that can't be bad.
The reviewer also suggests putting a company or imprint logo on the cover - I did consider this, but apparently there's a little company in America that publishes the odd comic which already uses my initials, so I thought they might take umbrage if I used them!

1 comment:

Emperor said...

That company using your initials ain't so big - I reckon you can take them!!

I did notice a Paragon Publications, so that is probably out. I'm sure something will present itself.

Anyway great review - I'll pick up Red Eye in a bit.